Infertility

Infertility

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Scary Morning

It's been quite a morning here.  Yesterday I called and talked to my nurse and they scheduled me for a sono at 8:30 this morning.  Well my alarm went off at 6am and I got up to pee which includes a normal 5 min inspection of the toilet paper.  However as soon as I whipped I saw blood.  I screamed loud enough that D jumped out of bed and came flying into the bathroom.  I immediately started bawling.  Thank goodness he kept his head.  He led me back to bed and just told me to lay down.  My parents were coming to the sono with me today since D is a teacher and can't be missing school once a week.  He quickly threw some clothes on and said he would run to school and get everything squared away for a sub and then come back to get me to take me to the doctors appointment.  While he was gone I just layed there praying so hard.  I called my parents and they said they would still meet us at the appointment to be there for moral support.  D was back so quick and we hit the road.  We got to the appointment 15 minutes early only to find out the sono tech wasn't going to be there until 9.  So we had a 45 min. wait.  I'm so thankful my parents were there to distract and support us otherwise I'm sure I would have just sat there and cried the entire time.  I went back to go to the bathroom and talked to a couple of the nurses.  They were very positive and said there's a lot of different reasons for bleeding outside of miscarriage and we just needed to wait and see.

Finally we got called back by the sono tech.  It was the same sweet woman we had at our last bad sono when we didn't see a heartbeat.  I actually felt kind of bad for her through my own worry and sadness.  She got us started pretty quickly but did not turn on the big flat screen that we watch.  She just had her little computer screen on.  She quickly assured us that she saw one heartbeat and then another.  Huge sigh of relief.  Then she turned the big screen on and I could tell right away that they had grown.  She did some quick measurements and they came in at 8 weeks 4 days and 8 weeks 5 days (I am 8w5d today!).  We then listened to each little heartbeat individually.  They were both measuring 174bpm!  That was great news as last week Baby A that had originally measured behind had caught up in size but it's heart rate was at 148 which was on the lowest end of average for that time.  So good news all the way around.

She also thought she could very faintly see the membrane separating their amniotic sacs!  This is something I have been praying so hard for since the risk with MoMo twins are so high.  Another huge relief.

After a little more inspection she pointed out two different areas of my uterus where she could see some tissue coming loose.  It was kind of confusing but I took it as it's sort of break through bleeding from when you should be having your period.  One of the areas was very close to my cervix so it was what was most likely causing the bleeding I had today.  There was another area near the top of my uterus that she said could cause more bleeding at a later time.  Obviously this all still worries me but I feel better knowing that it could happen again and there's a non-threatening reason for it.  She said it was fairly common in early pregnancy.

So overall good news today and a huge relief.  I'm not going to lie there's a part of me that is so scared that everything was fine today but it's the beginning of the end.  Even after all of the reassurance today it's still very nerve wracking.  But the good news is we kept our appointment for next Wed so we only have a week to wait until we get another update.  That will be 10 weeks which I feel like is a big milestone!.  Knowing they are both growing so well and have strong heartbeats does do a lot to calm my crazy though.

We ask for your continued prayers through this scary time!  It means so much.

2 comments:

  1. I probably would have reacted exactly the same way!
    I am so glad to hear things are going well and that the babies are growing!

    -Lily
    ttcbabyg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. How scary. I'm glad you got some reassurance, though I doubt anything helps too much. Hooray for awesome measurements and heartbeats! Grow babies, grow.

    ReplyDelete