Infertility

Infertility

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Day Before

We've made it to the day before our first ultrasound.  We originally were hoping to get in for the sono on Monday but with D's work schedule we really needed an afternoon appointment so they scheduled it for tomorrow afternoon.  I *should* be 6 weeks and 6 days.  To say I'm nervous or anxious is a huge understatement.  I'm basically sick to my stomach when I even think about sitting in the waiting room much less walking into the sono room.  I alternate several times an hour between thinking everything is fine and that it's doomed.  Here's what I've been telling myself for reassurance.

1.  I've had no bleeding AND my progesterone levels have been good so I'm not taking any shots or suppositories that could essentially be keeping me from bleeding if something is wrong.  

2.  I've had no major cramping or pain.  I have had twinges but I would call them mild and they only last for a minute.  I did have some back pain this weekend but it wasn't severe and could have been from me laying around and doing literally NOTHING all weekend.

3.  My boobs still hurt.  Once again no progesterone supplements that I can blame this on.  They are definitely bigger and still hurt consistently. Although some times during the day much worse than others.  

4.  I'm more tired this time than I"ve ever been.  I've heard a lot of pregnant women talk about how they are so tired they just completely Can.  Not.  Function.   While it definitely hasn't been that extreme for me I have been more tired than usual.  

That's all I got.  Really no nausea or morning sickness.  No food aversions although sometimes nothing at all sounds good to eat.  

So that would lead me to reasons I would believe things aren't okay

1.  It's me.

That's all I've got.  My past and history are the red flags and really the only signal to me that everything isn't okay.  But it's a pretty big one.  I have definitely been trying to stay positive and hopeful and I think I've been doing a good job.  While also recognizing how scared I am and trying to be realistic.  While the thought of the sono is absolutely terrifying at least we'll have some more information one way or another.  So between now and then all of your prayers are greatly appreciated.  

4 comments:

  1. thinking of you and sending positive energy! everythinng crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you're as calm as possible and that things go well this afternoon! I had A LOT of nausea and it didn't come on my until somewhere in week 7. I know many people who never got sick at all. Don't worry too much about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember early in my pregnancy feeling that same feeling. "It's me, I know how this ends". And I was wrong. Finally. Sending you a million prayers today that this is finally your time for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete