Infertility

Infertility

Monday, November 9, 2015

Feeling all the Feels

Feeling all the Feels.  I love this expression as there's usually so many different emotions tied to the BIG events or circumstances in our lives.  This seems especially true for my current situation.  Today I am 7 weeks 4 days (note the use of my present term vs. the word *should* - that's my positivity people!).  I think the shock of the news is slowly starting to wear off.  I'm still constantly looking at the ultrasound pictures in awe but it feels more real to me.  Physically I feel like I'm getting bigger everyday.  My fitted clothes are definitely uncomfortable and my waist seems to be disappearing fast.  I've gained approx. 4lbs already which feels like A LOT to me.  However I still think a portion of this can be attributed to bloating.  I've been feeling pretty crappy overall which is great news!  My boobs have been very sore, I've been really tired and just feel..... off.  Still no morning sickness or even really any nausea.  It's more that nothing sounds good to eat.  But I am constantly STARVING.  But when I do eat I feel like I get full really quickly.  Like I can't eat another bite but I'm still hungry.  It's the oddest thing.  I did read an article that all this is common in twin pregnancies.  In fact I was shocked that the whole article described everything I've been feeling.  So that was reassuring.

Saturday I had a good day where I felt pretty good.  As the day went on I noticed that my boobs weren't hurting at all.  Not really even a little bit.  Of course that sent me into a spiral of my pregnancy symptoms were disappearing and we had lost BOTH babies and how the hell was I ever going to deal with that.  Poor D did the best he could to talk me off the ledge.  By that evening I felt like my boobs were starting to hurt again and yesterday everything was back in full force and I was feeling awful and slept from 11am-2pm and still went to bed at 8:45 and slept until 6am this morning (Of course I got up to pee twice).  So I'm praying constantly that both babies are growing and developing and everything is going well.

Enough of the BAD feelings and onto the good.  Obviously when we think about the concept of this actually working out we are overcome with excitement.  I'm not naive guys.  I know having twins would be HARD.  I know we'll be exhausted and overwhelmed and terrified for a million new reason when (not IF, but when) they get here.  But truly this is a dream come true for us.  Looking past the first trimester (which is obviously very hard for me) I know there's a lot of potential complications just with the pregnancy alone, not to mention the babies if they come early.  I've done my research on the different type of twins.  You can see from the sono picture below it appears both babies are in the same amniotic sac.  If that is in fact the case that would make them MoMoTwins (monoamniotic).  Basically they would share the same sac and placenta and they are very high risk due to the possibility of cord entanglement.  However at this early stage it can be difficult to see the membrane that separates the sacs.  It's more likely to see it between 8-10 weeks and a lot of times they won't be able to tell until your second trimester.  In addition we saw 2 yolk sacs at our last ultrasound which is not a guarantee but a good indicator there will be two sacs.  Honestly none of that is scaring me at the moment.  All I am concerned with is that they BOTH keep growing.  If God can just bless us with two healthy babies we will get through whatever difficulties and obstacles come our way.  I know we can do this.

So aside from the terror and the excitement there's also wonder, curiosity, anxiety, hope, anticipation, HAPPINESS, and finally So.  Much.  Love.  I love both these little babies so much you guys.  They already have my whole heart and there's nothing I want more than to bring them both into this world.
I feel like I have asked so much of you guys but I'm again asking you to continue to pray for these little love bugs.  Our next sono is Wednesday morning when I'll be 7 weeks 6 days.  Below is our sono picture from last Wednesday!


(That blob in between them is Baby B's yolk sac.  You can't see Baby A's in this picture).

6 comments:

  1. Love this update! So does this mean they are identical? What an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Really?! Should I be worried about them being MoMo?!

      Delete
  3. So, so, SO happy for you. And all of your symptoms and feelings sound spot on and perfect. All of your emotions sound totally normal. I'm loving the positive attitude and praying for GREAT news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me so happy. I'm continuing to pray and send so many good thoughts your way for these two babies! Can't wait for your update tomorrow!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow! I am just getting caught up on all that's happened! I am so excited and thrilled for you!! Congratulations Mama! I will definitely be looking forward to your update tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete